Do you feel like your misaligned teeth are holding you back?
In addition to the esthetic problems posed by crowded, gapped, or twisted teeth, your oral health may be suffering. It’s difficult to clean misaligned teeth, which can result in plaque and tartar build-up, gum disease, decay, bad breath, more.
Perhaps you’ve been wanting orthodontic treatment, but you can’t stand the idea of wearing metal braces.
We have fantastic news for you.
Today, adults don’t have to wear shiny metal braces to straighten their teeth. With Invisalign clear aligners, image-conscious patients can enjoy inconspicuous orthodontic therapy and the freedom to remove their “braces” whenever they like.
Why Choose Invisalign in Carlsbad?
As a cosmetic dentist, Dr. Nguyen respects the importance of a sophisticated image. She continues to undergo the significant postgraduate training required by Invisalign so that she can offer this innovative orthodontic therapy.
Am I a Candidate for Invisalign?
The best cases for Invisalign are older teens and adults who need orthodontics for cosmetic reasons or those whose teeth have shifted after having worn braces earlier in life.
At your consultation, Dr. Nguyen will discuss the best solution for your smile. Some patients prefer cosmetic bonding or porcelain veneers to orthodontic treatment.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign leverages 3-D imaging for custom treatment plan design. Once Dr. Nguyen has created your plan, she’ll work with an Invisalign laboratory to fabricate a set of aligners that will move your teeth into the ideal position.
Change your aligner every two weeks or as directed, and plan to visit Dr. Nguyen for periodic assessments.
In many cases, Invisalign treatment takes only 6 to 18 months – significantly less time than traditional orthodontic therapy.
What Are the Advantages of Invisalign?
In addition to the obvious esthetic advantage of clear aligners over metal bracket-and-wire braces, Invisalign has several other advantages over conventional orthodontics:
- You remove your aligners to eat, meaning there are no food restrictions.
- Instead of attempting to brush and floss around brackets and wires, you simply take out the aligners, brush and floss as normal, clean the aligners, and pop them back in.
- The smooth aligners won’t cause irritation or injury to the soft tissues inside your mouth.
- If you need to, you can remove your aligners for a special event (although you should wear your aligners for 20 to 22 hours per day to stay on track with treatment).
How Can I Learn More about Invisalign?
Are you excited by the prospect of straightening your teeth invisibly and without all the hassle of bracket-and-wire braces?
Call our Carlsbad dental office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Nancy Nguyen to find out if you are a candidate for Invisalign. Even if Invisalign isn’t the right solution for you, Dr. Nguyen will help you explore your options so you can have a healthier, more attractive smile.
- Bonding & Black Triangle Repair
- Cosmetic Dentistry from Your Dentist in Carlsbad
- Dental Implant Restorations
- General & Preventive Dentistry
- Porcelain Veneers & Lumineers
- Replacement Teeth
- Restorative Dentistry
- Root Canal Therapy
- Sedation Dentistry
- Sleep Apnea & Snoring Therapy
- Smile Makeovers
- Snap-On Smile
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- Teeth Whitening
- TMJ and Bite
- Traditional & Implant Dentures